Thursday 5 January 2012

Ad Agency - Taylor James - Pretty Polly Ad shot by Aitken Jolly

Taylor James – Jessie J, Pretty Polly Tights Campaign

Studying this Campaign and how it was approached has been very useful in helping me to define how I want to construct my composite images.

I like the way they have brought elements of comic book superheroes, film characters and of Jessie J so elements of reality and merged them together in their advertisement.


I like the use of bright colours and the contrast they give when set on top of a very desaturated, urban background.
 
The pose’s Jessie uses are all very strong which works well in these images to create a theatrical impact.

The background images are all shot separately at the same location and then the people were shot individually in the studio and then edited into the image at a later stage. Each shot seems to have it’s own colour scheme, this is an idea I may consider for my project as I feel it works very well here and gives each image its own feel and makes the collection as a whole visually interesting and colourful.

The photographer for this campaign was Aitken Jolly.
http://www.taylorjames.com/project/pretty-polly-jessie-j

 

No comments:

Post a Comment