Friday 6 January 2012

Shooting my final images


The images were shot in the studio using a large polystyrene board which had been painted black as a background and using a 3 light set up. I lit my subjects from the front using a 24” softbox which I positioned directly in front of my subject, raised slightly higher than the camera angled down at about 45degrees to the subjects face. I then flagged off the edges using black flags which I held in place over the softbox leaving only a strip of light in the middle which lit my subjects face in the middle and then rapidly fell off evenly on both sides of the subjects face. I then lit them from the back using 2 400w bowen studio strobes which were flagged off from the black background by black flags and positioned slightly behind my subject at an angle slightly more than 90degrees.
I then flagged the edges closest to the subject applying black tape to the edge of the light to control the spill and reduce any flare caused by aiming the strobe light towards my lens. This created the specular highlights and rim light present at both sides of my subjects faces. I fine tuned these lights until the highlights wrapped around the edges of my subjects faces but didn’t continue on to their nose.
I continued to shoot portraits of my subjects getting them to pull silly faces as I snapped.



No comments:

Post a Comment