Friday 6 January 2012

Evaluation

This project was comprised of a series of 3 images shot to a creative brief which are to be displayed in bus stops to reach my target audience of able bodied British people in order to promote the idea of giving blood.

All of the images are constructed images and the subjects are aware and have agreed to be photographed in the studio.

I have mixed feelings towards whether or not my project was a success. From a technical point of view, I am very happy with how the images look. I shot the images with a canon 5dmk2, canon 85mm 1.8 lens using F8 and a shutter speed of 1/125sec. I feel the lighting is perhaps the best I have ever achieved which help the ad's to look stylish, professional and clean. The high power studio lighting allowed me to shoot at ISO 50, I think the image quality achieved by this shows through in the final images.

I feel like I did stick to my creative brief but it would have been nice to have included some female characters to appeal to a wider audience. I feel rather foolish having not noticed this until my project was completed.


I also feel like I stayed too safe and could have taken the project further creating a riskier series of images which played further upon the viewers emotions, making use of colour, symbols and connotations to create an edgy, cutting edge advert.


This project has sparked a passion in myself for advertising however and since undertaking this project I have applied to intern with some of london's top advertising agencies to better understand the industry and improve my skills and experiencee in working to a creative brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment